I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2010 Hopoff ... The Northwest


Long Hammer IPA

and the first sip is ... poor.

What's interesting about this bottle, is that right after it says India Pale Ale, it says IPA. All redundancies aside, who is their demographic? I simply wouldn't buy this beer because it insults my intelligence.

If I knew is was drinking this beer I'd feel __________________

Angi: like I was in a sports bar.
Zach: meh, I mean it's not without it's charm, oh wait a minute, yes it is. It has the charm of a Dallas Cowboys fan.

What happens when Angi doesn't finish hers:

Well, its the first beer of the night, so I gotta finish it. So here I am, trying to finish a Long Hammer so we can get to the next beer. Am I a patriot or what?

Final Grades ... unsavory for boaf.

Steelhead

The long hammer is knocking down the Steelhead (yup, going there that early).

and the first sip is ... a lot like the last one.

If I knew is was drinking this beer I'd feel __________________

Angi: like it's not really an IPA
Zach: Another bud light please. That's why I drink cheap beer. The thing with trying microbrews, is if they're not good, you're stuck with this heavy piece of crap, rather than a tasteless piece of crap that's easy to drink and quicker to bring you to the point that you don't taste it's crappiness.

Wow, heated discussions of Islam. What's more oppressive, Islam's views of women, or Islam's views of non-muslim's rights to having their head stay on their body? Sorry, still bent over the whole South Park debacle.

I'm going unsavory, Angela is saying undecomposed. Either way ...

Eel River IPA

and the first sip is ... dag! We're on a cool streak here.

Another organic beer. I'm getting tired of these Organs coming into our country and making their beer. So far, Organs beer taste like piss in a bottle.

If I knew is was drinking this beer I'd feel __________________

Angi: better after I ate cheese.
Zach: Happy if someone brought out a cheese plate while I was drinking it, as in, it just happened here, and now I'm a wee bit more excited about the beer.
It's becoming evident that I'm racist against dem Organs. This beer is terrible.

I JUST WANT A GOOD IPA!!!!

Unspeakable, this is what happens when you get cold cards for too long. Angi says proficient. This is probably our biggest gap yet.

Fish Tale Organic IPA

It's fish TALE, like a story, well here's my story guy, you better had be a good beer or KABLAMO! We'll send you to a Catholic Church in Wisconsin.

and the first sip is ... good, thank Allah.

If I knew is was drinking this beer I'd feel __________________

Angi: Proud that it's organic.
Zach: Okay, the Organs can stay.

Is it possible to unjudge something? There's red squiggly misspelling under the word unjudge, so I say no.

We're giving this a wicked, which means, IT'S ON TO THE NEXT ROUND!!!!

Bison IPA

I just don't get why this isn't from Colorado.

and the first sip is ... metallica.

and the second sip is ... actually pretty good.

If I knew is was drinking this beer I'd feel _________________

Angi: Satisfied
Zach: okay. I can drink it. It's not too bad.

I'm saying proficient, Angela is saying dandy.

Full Sail IPA

and the first sip is ... adequate ... I guess.

If I knew is was drinking this beer I'd feel _________________

Angi: Unimpressed
Zach: Curious

More proficiency from me, more undecomposed from Angi.

Indiga

Another hippie beer.

and the first sip is ... really good.

Apparently, I like the florals.

If I knew is was drinking this beer I'd feel _________________

Angi: like it's a good California beer
Zach: darn tootin!

I'm going wicked on this one, Angi is saying Dandy.

The Next Rounders

Fish Tale Organic IPA
Indiga

The Fillers

Bison IPA
Full Sail IPA

The Terrible

Long Hammer IPA

No comments:

Post a Comment