I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Thursday, April 22, 2010

2010 Hopoff ... The Northeast Division (Part 2)





Smuttynose IPA

and the first sip is ... pretty darn good.

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel ___________________

Angi: Like I'd have to explain the stuff floating in it.
Zach: Impressed by all the crap floating around in it.

Hops are good.

We're both going dandy.

Wolaver's IPA

I believe that this is our first organic beer of the tournament.

and the first sip is ... menacing. mmmm, bad mmmm.

I really don't like this beer.

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel ___________________

Angi: sad that our first organic beer let us down on earth day.
Zach: Like crap

I'm going UNSPEAKABLE ... ecch, gross! Angi is saying unsavory.

Thomas Hooker Hop Meadow IPA

The founder of Hartford!!! Another home teamer. Hartford was founded by a hooker.

and the first sip is ... disappointing. Hartford gets a free pass by me, but I don't think I can in good conscience move this beer on to the next round.

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel ___________________

Angi: happier if I was meant to be drinking a strong ale.
Zach: cool because I could talk about the motherland and maybe even the Whalers.

Proficient.

Harpoon IPA

Ah, one of the beers I grew up with.

and the first sip is ... good. Not too much oomph.

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel ___________________

Angi: not displeased.
Zach: Ku, it's Harpoon. The Winter Warmer is where it's at with this company.

I'm going dandy, Angi is going proficient.

Brooklyn East India Pale Ale

and the first sip is ... a tremendous difference from the last one. Maybe placing too much emphasis on the first sip isn't a good idea.

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel ___________________

Angi: willing to try it again. Bad bottle.
Zach: miserable unfortunately. Their Brown ale is so good. Yanks should stick to making browns and regular ales.

Ultimately just another example of Yankee beers trying to do that English thing. I know I say I moved down here for the weather, but maybe it was because of the IPAs.

"It's the same amount of time, the sip and the swallow"

I'm going unsavory, Angi says ... undecomposed.

Hoptical Illusion

and the first sip is ... unique, which isn't always a compliment

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel ___________________

Angi: disappointed considering how cool the label is.
Zach: Excited!!! Until I drank it.

I'm going undecomposed. Angela is saying proficient.

The Next Rounders

None ... at least not yet.

The Fillers

Smuttynose IPA
Harpoon IPA

The Wall of Shame

Wolaver's IPA ... TAKE THAT EARTH DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

The northeast was a tremendous downer. I guess when you're being pounded by nor'easters like ... (fill in Catholic little boy joke here), California IPAs just don't sit as well in your cold malty copper crap sucker belly.

Let's take a look on the horizon though ... I feel like Joseph Smith, only the exact opposite ...


California, I'll be knockin on the golden door.

No comments:

Post a Comment