I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Thursday, April 29, 2010

2010 Hopoff ... California



ACME California IPA

and the first sip is ... a LOT different than that Strawberry Abita I just drank. I don't know what it is about dem fruit beers, but I always have to try.

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel _______________

Angi: (gives evil stare) ... Do I have to?
Zach: I don't know Miles, this tastes pretty good to me (serious this time).

When Angi passes the rest on to me:

I drink it happily. This is going to be our first major difference I anticipate.

I'm going dandy on this one, Angi is saying unsavory.

Torpedo

and the first sip is ... having an extra bite at the end

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel _______________

Angi: proud of Sierra Nevada
Zach: interested. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale will always be the #1 Hippie Beer. This won't be #2.

I'm going dandy again on this one, Angi is saying proficient.

Butte Creek Brewing Organic IPA

and the first sip is ... pretty good. Kinda smoky.

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel _______________

Angi: mmmm, chocolate!
Zach: happy, but don't know how many I could have. It's very unique.

Stoutness. It's got stoutness.

I'm going proficient, Angi is saying dandy.

White Hawk

and the first sip is ... not as good as the rest. Uh oh, Angela may die.

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel _______________

Angi: like I was drinking fizzy corn syrup.
Zach: the opposite of impressed, whatever that is.

When Angi passes the rest on to me:

I'd rather tell the tale of Mendocino's Red Tail Ale, rather than drink the rest of her beer. Instead, I'll drink a little of her remains, and tell a little of the story. Once upon a time ...

Unspeakable and unsavory ... don't think it matters who was saying what.

Hop Ottin

Yet another hippie beer. This brewery is run by solar power. You cant get much hippier than solar power. Just realized that I'm using words hoppy, happy and hippy. Maybe the first beer I brew after what I've learned will be the Hoppy Happy Hippy.

and the first sip is ... pretty good. Maybe a poor after taste. Maybe.

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel _______________

Angi: I'd plan on drinking it really fast.
Zach: mech. I'd say, "ooh, next time you're out, can you grab me a bud light?"

Proficient vs. Unsavory.

Lagunitas IPA

and the first sip is ... amazing.

I realized I take this beer for granted. This is a potential final six pack.

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel _______________

Angi: (happy sigh)
Zach: like I'd wanna have many more. Truly an amazing beer.

Epiphanic, easy decision. Wow, incredibly great beer.

Ruination IPA

and the first sip is ... incredible. This one had tons of hype, and it lives up to it. Again, another competitor for the ... if the NCAA has the final four, our final six is going to be called ... thee one and only thing it will be called ... you know the name, look up the number ... thee one ... thee only ... Hex of Beer.

If I knew I was going to have this beer I'd feel _______________

Angi: Awesome. Blissful. Ecstatic. I don't know Miles, it's pretty good to me.
Zach: A fantasmo beer. It's great when you're hyped, and you live up to the hype.

Another epiphanic beer, but this one will make it's bones in further rounds. This is no shocker.

The Next Rounders

Ruination IPA
Lagunitas IPA

From here it doesn't matter because ... the next round is ... here.








No comments:

Post a Comment