I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Top Songs of the Aughts (40-36)

40. Zero - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

What a fantastic song. This is one of those songs that's so good, and leads off that album, that you tend to think the entire album is great. I love lead off songs like that.

39. A Fond Farewell - Elliott Smith

It's too bad he didn't record an MTV Unplugged and cover songs by David Bewie and the Meat Puppets before he killed himself. This would've been the perfect "All Apologies" for that album.

38. Float On - Modest Mouse

Now that Kids Bop has passed, and this song isn't on the radio anymore, I can appreciate it again. A great tune.

37. Shout Me Out - TV on the Radio

Such a great melody. I freaking love this song. This song was in my head for like 7 days in a row at one point.

36. Little Cream Soda - The White Stripes

I don't know if my rankings are flawed or what not, but this ranks as my most Zachtastic White Stripes song of the decade (Don't worry, won't do that again).

No comments:

Post a Comment