I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Monday, November 9, 2009

21. Furr - Blitzen Trapper

After an interesting debut album, they quickly followed up with this classic. Now that I'm in my mid 30s (and it feels so bad saying that), I've discovered the recipe for a good Zach album, and it includes acoustic guitars, organ, electric guitars, and sounding like the Beatles or Bob Dylan always helps too.

I love these guys. I apparently just missed them in Orlando, but I have to see them. They're on my "have to see in concert" list. And here it is:

Top 10 Bands That I've Never Seen Before That I Really Really Wanna See Live:

10. MIA

As much as I love her, and would love to see her silly Sri Lankan dancing, she's now a mother, so I'm guessing she's either lost her edge, or has an even harder edge, but will still be writing kiddie songs. We'll see.

9. Blizten Trapper

8. Sufjan Stevens

I really hope Suffy hasn't completely burned out. If I were to ever do a list for "Biggest Burnouts after a Classic album", he's probably win it.

7. Spoon

As much as I love them, I wonder how good they'd be live? I can't picture it being that exciting, but you never know. Want to see them tons anyway.

6. Ween

I can't believe I have not seen them live. They come through the Tampa area probably once a year, and it hasn't happened. That's a bad Zach.

5. Built to Spill

Though I have no factual knowledge of this, I imagine these guys are fantastic live. Songs like "Going Against Your Mind" or "Conventional Wisdom" would be fantastic.

4. Beck

Here come the more popular acts though. Beck has to put on a good show, and he's got so much material to work with. Too bad he's a Scientologist.

3. The White Stripes

Gotta see Jack White before I die. Meg White, well, sure.

2. The Flaming Lips

Have to see them. Must see them. Must see them.

1. Beastie Boys

Back in the olden days, the Beastie Boys used to have a huge inflatable penis above their stage for dramatic affect. Sure, now they've matured, I won't get antics like that, or girls dancing in cages, but I will get an entertaining show. If I could see them in NYC, that would make it perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment