I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

1. The Moon and Antartica - Modest Mouse

Being the avid music fan I am, it's pretty difficult for me to say this album is flawless and better than all the others on this list, but for me it is, and here's why.

I heard this album in the year 2000, going through an awful breakup, moving AGAIN BACK across the country, and tired of my hippie life so much, that aside going through one pseudo divorce, it was necessary, especially with the bitterness I felt at the time, to go through another one, and to stop listening to that Phish-crap (though we've since reconciled).

The lyrics were just perfect for my life. Sure, many of Isaac's lyrics are on songs not even on this album, but this is sort of like a lifetime achievement award if you will.

"Third Planet" became a permanent fixture in my "Zach's Playing Guitar" repertoire to the point that anyone who currently jams with me, can pretty much play it along with me. I actually don't sing this one too poorly either.

Track 2 was in a minivan commercial, and it's still good to this day, though, it's always been real hard for me to play that acoustic strum which pisses me off.

"Dark Center of the Universe" will always not only remind me of many-a-hangovers, but that hippie girl I dated back in 2002.

I might disintegrate into thin air if you like
but I'm not the Dark Center of the Universe, like you thought.

It took alot of work to be the ass that I am,
and I'm really damn sure that anyone can
easily, equally fuck you over
Well dyin sayin something, but didn't mean it
everyone's life ends no one ever completes it
dry or wet ice they both melt you're equally cheated

I mean, how can you not love them?

"Perfect Disguise" - This song has now applied to 2 women in my life, which is pretty fantastic in a dark sort of way.

"Tiny Cities Made of Ashes" - I really want my "The World is my ashtray" t-shirt.

I'm going to stop here, especially because the songs do wane. I mean, what am I going to say about "The Stars are Projectors" ...

Thank you so much Isaac, for helping me get through the remorseful hangovers, and very dark times.

No comments:

Post a Comment