I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

2. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Wilco

Hands down a perfect album, whereas my #1 is far from perfect.

Again, it's all been said, so I'm not going to dwell here. Just one story.

You can tell a great album when you remember the first time you listen to it, and remember everything so clearly. Like listening to Paul's Boutique at Chalker Beach with my buddy Joe, I remember driving to this one. It was 2002, and my mom was in the process of moving down from Connecticut to Melbourne, FL and I was driving across the state and listening to this one in my beloved Nissan Sentra, i.e. Rusted Emotion. I remember how smooth every song sounded and how much I loved each and every one of them. It was that day I realized this "Wilco" band was pretty good, and I now had a new band in my life that I'd be excited for everyone one of their albums for the rest of their careers, and that's a pretty short list.

No comments:

Post a Comment