I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Motorhead versus Metallica in 2008

A nice 41 minute run tonight. Hopefully next week I can get down into the 30s. Speaking of getting down into the 30s, a month from now, we could start experiencing cooler nights (you know, upper 70s). Only a month away. We've dodged hurricanes, have a championship caliber baseball team and I just can't wait to find out what dirt will be dug out next on Sarah Palin. She's dirtier than Elliot Spitzer's Sunday night Rendez-Vous. She's dirtier than a village infested with monkeys. I really don't see how the Republicans can win this election, but kudos to them if they do. Doesn't effect me much.

Anyhoo. I tried to listen to Motorhead while I ran tonight. Motorhead was popular in the late 70s, early 80s. That's nearly 3 decades ago. John Lennon was alive back then (although there are some who say it was really Lemy's harsh voice that killed him). So much has changed in the world of music in that span, and if you listen to the new Motorhead album, it's really like nothing has changed at all. I don't know if this is good, or bad. Take the Stones from the 60s, then compare them to Stones in the 90s, and you can see how different it is. I guess it's good then, that Motorhead doesn't sound any different than they did in the long long ago. However, as I listened to this new album, it dawned on me, that if I listen to Motorhead's older albums, when they were relevant, that'd probably be time better spent with them. My next thought was obviously, "how much time to I really wanna devote listening to Motorhead?" This, along with the fact that it wasn't that good of work out music (especially considering how good Metallica was the night before), led me to giving Motorhead the heave ho.

Halfway thru my fat man jog, I listened to "All Nightmare Long", and ran pretty hard. That song kicks ass. That burst that late into the routine, is what shaved a minute off my time.

So ... Metallica 1 - Motorhead 0.

On a Phish note, I finally heard them do the Talking Head's "Remain in Light" and it's freaking awesome. So good for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment