I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

14. Wilco - Sky Blue Sky

14. Thrillco - Sky Blue Sky

Okay, seeing this is my first post post-working man, I kind of feel like I'm posting from beyond the grave. Seriously, when you're not sitting in front of a computer 8 hours a day, there's so much more out there, and sending emails, or posting blogs or what not seems a bit sirry. For instances, I've put on my serious poetry face again. I try writing a couple stanzas here and there while I drink my morning coffee. I almost wrote this email out on paper with college ruled lines before turning it in and realized that was just way to gay. In fact, that I write this at around 8 PM at the Compound is freaking me out enough. I do have a tasty rum and coke though, and the last time I drank a rum and coke on a weekday was a very long time.

So now, the question is, WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH WILCO? Well, I could reiterate how and why bands selling their music for car commercials complete ruins things you love, but why? This album was cruising to the top of my year end list until every time I heard it, I pictured young adult men driving around in their VWs. That sucks.

Another thing I want to say about this album, is I think I understand why heroin exists. I've never understood it and enjoyingly have never been near it, but man, without heroin, music would probably suck much more. Not from the listeners standpoint, but from the artists. See, it's great that Tweeds is all free and clear now'n shit, but see what happens? I like my musicians strung out while recording, it's not my life, it's not the lives of my friends and family. So, to all future musicians that I do not know, and hope to acquire me as a fan in double-aught 8:

- Do Heroin
- Record a couple good albums
- Die young

This is the wisdom I gain as I near the triple triple.

Also this, don't look at everything. There are so many things that don't need to seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment