I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

#13 Blitzen Trapper - Wylde Mountain Nation

Blitzen Trapper, I don't have nearly as much to say about them as I do Wilco, but I will say this.

I finally saw No Country for Old Men and it was everything a film can be. You forget sometimes, the potential of films, with all these comic book movies, part fives of movies like SAW that sucked to begin with, and chick flicks, and couple flicks, and whatever other crap horrywood decides to throw out at ya, that good movies can be made. It doesn't need to be VIOLENCE in a new way that's more gory than the last ... ohhhh, look at me, I'm making a movie that's really gory because the current American culture lacks substance when it comes to entertainment because MTV has CUT CUT CUT our minds in half for the past 20 years and all I can take now is watching retards try to hurt themselves or eat disgusting shit, jerks. (Reason #41 why the simpsons is now completely irrelevant and there's a generation of douchebags that think Family Guy is quality entertainment).

Okay, Blitzen Trapper ... let's see.

I'm trying to think if I've ever trapped anything. One time, our yard was overrun by squirrels and fortunately I borrowed a Squirrel Trapper from Nicky Palmasano from the Old Neighborhood, so instead of my dad killing them, once captured, I made sure we drove them to the woods just to the east of Braeburn Elementary school.

Seriously, a nice debut effort from the band. Right now though, they're all over the place. It's going to be great to see where they end up. (Hopefully heroin will be involved :))

No comments:

Post a Comment