I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rockin the End of May


Gotta list my rock shuffled playlist i started on my way home from work:

Kinks – All Day and All of the Night

The best hard rockin’ Kinks song, better than “You Really Got Me”

Gloria – Van Morrison

I hadn’t yet hit the “shuffle” button so it stayed with 1964 songs

John the Fisherman – Primus

Now we’re shuffling …

Sultans of Swing – Dire Straits
Owner of a Lonely Heart – Yes

This song is very textured for an early 80s song.

We’re Not Gonna Take It – Twisted Sister

Weak yes, but c’mon.

Sunshine of Your Love – Cream
Baba O’Riley – The Who
Pour Some Sugar on Me – Def Leppard
Not if You Were the Last Junkie on Earth – Dandy Warhols
London Calling – The Clash
I Wanna Be Sedated – The Ramones
Mr. Brightside – The Killers

I must have missed this one because I don’t remember it at all. 

The Spirit of the Radio – Rush

Yep, Rush comin up on thee ol’ Ipod shuffle. 

Youth Gone Wild – Skid Row

This fucking rocked.

Hazy – Built to Spill

This did not belong at all.

Sweet Emotion – Aerosmith
Pretend We’re Dead – L7
Mama Kin – Aerosmith
Seether –Veruca Salt
Kickstart My Heart – Motley Crue

Boy oh boy was this perfect at the time. 

Just – Radiohead

Proof that Radiohead used to know how to rock.  It’s true, it happened in 1995. 

Black Betty – Ram Jam

One of the most underrated songs of all-time. 

American Woman – The Guess Who
Wild Thing – the Troggs
Nearly Lost You – Screaming Trees
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath – Black Sabbath

Aside from the power chords, it’s surprising how much Ozzy sounds like Band of Horses.

10 AM Automatic – Black Keys
Fire – Crazy World of Arthur (cut off on my ipod)
Remedy – Black Crowes
Hash Pipe – Weezer

I have to listen to listen to more Weezer. 

Run Thru – My Morning Jacket
Blitzkrieg Bop – Ramones
Ball and Chain – Social Distortion
Cut Your Hair – Pavement
Joe’s Garage – Frank Zappa
My Generation – The Who
Locomotive – Guns N Roses
Seven Nation Army – White Stripes
Walk Idiot Walk – The Hives
This is the moment I had when I was asking, “Is this the Hives or the Killers?”  (like there’s a difference, I know)

Unchained – Van Halen

If anyone rocks the summer harder than old Van Halen, I’m not sure who.

Working for the Weekend – Loverboy
Play With Me – Extreme
Surrender – Cheap Trick

This is not a cheesy song like the last two, yet my ipod is trying to tell me something. 

Cannonball – The Breeders
You Made Me Realize – My Bloody Valentine
Sober – Tool
Mountain Song  - Jane’s Addiction
Cherry Pie – Warrant

The coup de gras of butt rock songs. 

Search and Destroy – The Stooges

The one that made me stop for the night … this will continue tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment