I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

47. Fever to Tell - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

It was quite a decade for Karen O and the gang. A couple EPs and 3 albums. This first one still stands out as it's best, despite the 80s dreamy It's Bliss.

I've seen very few videos this last decade, in fact, every decade I see less videos that the previous decade. This is a good thing. What's weird is I somehow caught a video for "Date with the Night". I can't really remember how it happened, but I was either winding down late on a Saturday night, or just up late for no reason and this video popped up on the television. Mind you, the only channels I watch are the ones in my "favorites" rotation and MTV is not included. I highly doubt Video Hits 1 played this either seeing all they show are Bret Michaels shows, or shows about girls who had sex with Bret Michaels during a Bret Michaels show. This means, I saw this video on some random channel at some random time, and I liked it.

Upon multiple listenings to the piece of work, you realize it's pretty much all good. Sure there are some shenanigans, but this album holds up well.

No comments:

Post a Comment