I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze the Ripper

And I say ripper for R.I.P.

Here's the movie marathon I'm hoping plays on a continuous loop on TNT (dynamite) this weekend.

It all starts with The Outsiders which has a phenomenal cast. I'm not sure if that was his break through or not, but it's definitely one of those movies boys have to see.

Next up would be Uncommon Valor. I'll admit it, I've never seen this. When I think of this movie, I think of the days I used to go to West Hartford's local bookstore with the prospect of renting a movie for my families new VCR and always having a difficult time deciding between a movie like this and Spies Like Us and eventually deciding on whatever my dad, mom, brother or sister wanted first because they were older. I have to see this movie now right?

Red Dawn goes without saying. In fact, they should just put this movie on a continuous loop on some channel. I can't believe I'm not including it in the book I'm writing. There's still time because I'm not up to 1984 yet, and further still, I just realized I have zero Patrick Swayze movies in my cannon. What's sad is, I'm not sure he deserves it. Now that he's dead, I guess he does though.

I haven't seen Youngblood in quite some time, so that'd be cool if that was on this weekend. That's one I'd watch.

Dirty Dancing. Will I watch it now? Will I watch it now?

I've also never really seen Road House, just bits and pieces. Now's the time. Now's the time.

Will I now watch Ghost? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Something that has to be included in any Patrick Swayze watchathon is his appearance on Saturday Night Live. Sure, it's probably just remember for the dancer sketch with Chris Farley, but now that they're both dead, it's probably even better.

Absolutely Point Break needs to be included. Maybe the channel that plays Red Dawn all the time should switch it up between the two. Even though it's not necessarily a film as Red Dawn may be, it's every bit as entertaining.

Here's where it gets sticky. We either end it with Point Break on a high note, or go for Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights, for the unintentional comedy value. That movie has to be funny, right? Or now is it tragic?

The good news everyone, is that indeed Patrick Swayze plays the villain in the next Batman movie, so you know that's going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment