I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Escape Isn't All That Great

I feel like Steve McQueen, a former movie star

- Mike D. of the Beastie Boys

I've now seen a few Steve McQueen movies in my day and to me, he's like the rock band Pavement of actors. He gets so much respect, but I just don't get it not matter how hard I try. It's like trying to get your best lady friend to love you after several years of friendship, so I guess you can say, I'm my own Steve McQueen and ofcourse, usually, if it's good enough for Mike D., it's good enough for me. I'll leave it at the timing's just not right for McQueen. He seems like the kind of guy you like when you become a father or maybe my own father liked him, I don't even know. He loved 70s Cop Shows, and McQueen, most likely because of Bullitt, reminds of 70s Cop Shows. If you're not a fan of them, I'll tell you despite all the violence they may have, the dreariness is the most soothing thing. If you want to take a nap, I'd rank 70s Cop Shows right after Golf and before Baseball.

The story of The Great Escape isn't necessarily a true story, but it is a true escape, and that's what makes it so great apparently, because it's definitely not the ratio of survivors. I counted only one guy surviving the complete escape, so how great is that? And it wasn't even Charles Bronson!


No comments:

Post a Comment