I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Top Five "Enhanced Emotions" Movies of All-Time

5.  Easy Rider
 
Imagine really truly hating hippies.  You sit down and watch this one, and you probably say to yourself, "GODDAMN LONGHAIRS!!!" about 100 times, and then at the end, you rise out of your seat and pump your fist!!!  For many of us who watched this feeling as though we were part of some sort of counter-culture just because we ripped a few tubes in somebody else's dorm room and we're saddened by the end, and blamed Republicans, rednecks, and Republican rednecks, nowadays, I bet the ending is hysterical.  I can't wait to watch this again from the "I hate hippies" (even though self-loathing is not my forte) POV.  I bet this could be one of the best unintentional comedies ever.
 
4.  The Doors
 
This is probably the movie that made me want to "Break on Through to the other side".  I remember this came out in high school at some point, and this dude, think his name was Matt Connel, came running into the gym locker room screaming this song after seeing the movie the night before.  In retrospect, I bet he was hepped up on goof balls.  This movie made me want to do peyote (which I'm glad I never did) and major in studies of indigenous peoples (which again, I'm glad I never did).  The only permanent damage this did to my adolescent psyche, was my high school yearbook blurb. 
 
"It hurts to set you free, but you will never follow me"
 
Meh.
 
3.  The Wall
 
This is one of those movies that you simply cannot watch sober.  It's quite stupid.  However, after a bit of the milkplus, you can make your razzodocks up about ... screw it ...
 
Number 3.  Clockwork Orange
 
Kubrick has to represent.  I wasn't going to include him, but he's the man.  Watching Clockwork Orange on a first date = bad idea though.  I wish i had that one back from college.
 
2.  Apocalypse Now
 
Just a fantastic movie, no matter what state of mind you're in.  When I told my dad I loved this movie, his reply was, "Are you doing drugs?"  THAT is a powerful "Enhanced Emotions" movie.
 
1.  Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
 
This movie should be part of the rehab canon.  You know how they show you those violent car accident movies in driver's ed to prevent you from drinking and driving? 

Here's an appealing fellow.  In fact, you could say they're appealing him off the street right now
- Troy McClure

They should show this movie to recovering drug addicts, because if you can do them after watching this, that's just what your life is and you can't do anything about it.  This is the most uncomfortable movie I've ever seen.
 
To quote Raoul Duke, "A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to handle this trip."
 
THAT is why drugs are bad.  Right there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment