I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Monday, December 22, 2008

King Kong and the Value of the Dollar

Tickets for “King Kong, the 8th Wonder of the World’ are $20.00. $10 a piece I’m guessing because the social elite guy says, “I had to pay $20.00 for these’ Seeing this is for a once in a lifetime attraction, catering to the super wealthy, my guess, is that it’d be the equivalent of getting Super Bowl tickets, if the Super Bowl was only played once every 20 years, or probably more expensive that it would’ve been to go to Jurassic Park, had the Amusement Park opened. By my calculations, tickets to see “King Kong, the 8th Wonder of the World” would probably cost about $10,000 nowadays, but what do I know.

Let's put it this way, how much would I pay, now, in 2008 to see a gorilla of dinosaur like proportions? Well, not too much because that'd be scary. The people who died in this event had it coming. What'd they think was going to happen? Especially once they agitated him? If I was guaranteed safety, maybe I'd spend about $250, but for one night? A wedding is specific to you and you bride, so I get why that's worth more, but this?

I would probably pay in the 4 figures to go on the Jurassic Park ride though, again, safety permitting ... and if those freaking kids and Jeff Goldblum weren't there. Jeff Goldblum alone could devalue a ride like that by 4 figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment