I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Friday, December 21, 2007

Numero Ereveren ... If food do you please ...

11. We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank - Modest Mouse

Merry Xmas everyone. I'm in Melbourne and my ma's making a roast. I'm drinking a much needed coca-cola on what turned into a pretty impressive bender of the past week or so. Damn. Daggity dag damn.

Anyways, let's hope it's not over for the Mouse. I initially wasn't going to include this album because it's the first Mouse album that leads me to believe they've lost their edge. I sincerely hope not. However, I listened to it a few times ago and if you delete

Florida
We've Got Everything
Education

the rest of the album is nice. A few other songs are a bit weak, but tolerable, and it has some home runs, like March into the Sea and People as Places as People. So despite them taking a step backwards, a step backwards for them is still more than most bands taking two steps forward. Okay, I'm about to start singing Opposite's Attract, so that means I'm done for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment