I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Friday, November 13, 2009

12. Kala - MIA

I really felt MIA was going to be a one year thing in my life. I thought she'd end up becoming some overdone hip pop star that would either sell out, or get the hell out.

When I first heard "Bird Flu", I liked it, but wasn't overly impressed. Then when I first heard this album, I still was like, "we'll see, there's no way it will be better than Arular."

Then I listened to "Bamboo Banga" and "Jimmy" and "Boys." I realized she had done it again, at the very least created an album as good as it's predecessor because it even have the "weaker second half" in common.

At some point a year later, "Paper Planes" blew up and she was bumping her rhymes to Slumdog Millionaire. She does something special on her sophomore attempt. It's really going to be interesting to see what Momma Mia can do on attempt #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment