I swear i'll be writing more in 2014

Monday, October 26, 2009

41. Dear Science - TV on the Radio

When I first heard TV on the Radio, I said to myself, "Great, another overly dramatic indie rock band that everyone thinks is much better than they actually are!" That equation accurate for about 90% of Indie Rock bands. It seems like the formula is being influenced by some 80s Goth band, then mix in Radiohead effects, and critical acclaim is certain to be yours.

Well, maybe I didn't like that Cookie album, or whatever it was called, but I have to admit, Dear Science kicked ass. I think there's one bad song on it. And that's it. There's also one that sounds like, "It's the end of the world as we know it" which should be irritating, but for some reason I like it.

And kudos to the powers that be if they were using that putrid REM song to torture detainees at Gitmo. Do you think people call it Gitmo just because it's so much harder to spell Guantanimo? Spell check is still saying that's incorrect, but I'm leaving it there. Can you think of anything more torturing though than having to listen to Michael Stipe's voice over and over and over again? I would probably rat out Moses or Sandy Koufax if I had to listen to "Stand" several times in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment